AlmaDL Journals is the e-publishing service of the University of Bologna dedicated to open access peer-reviewed journals. It manages the technological publishing system and supports editorial teams by providing them with assistance, services and tools that contribute to increase the journals quality and impact.
The journals are either newly digital born publications or the digital versions of traditional print periodicals that intend to exploit the Internet to increase their diffusion and visibility at international level. AlmaDL Journals ensures secure and reliable access to the journals and guarantees online permanent tracking, retrieval and citability by attributing persistent identifiers such as DOI to the articles. An agreement with the National Central Libraries of Florence and Rome guarantees the legal deposit and the long term preservation.
AlmaDL support to editorial teams consists in:
- configuration, management and upgrading of the publishing system (OJS)
- training on the publishing system
- technical and professional support and advice
- advice on open access dissemination
- legal assistance on copyright and content licensing
- ISSN registration
- cataloguing in the National Collective Serial Catalogue (ACNP)
- attribution of DOI and other persistent identifiers to articles for identification
- indexing and abstracting
- legal deposit
- metadata control of the articles
More information and instructions on how to join the service are available on the Alma Digital Library web site.